Google
 

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Extensive Trial with Flock

Okay, I've been trying out Flock for quite a bit, and I think I'm starting to like Flock.

I didn't give into flock as I started to use it on the initial release. But now, with all these social network that I use and also the netcast network that I'm running. I realise the massive functions that is in Flock. Though, I still use Firefox 3 all the time, but Flock has become my default browser to be left on. Here's one idea, the Flock development team has got to use the Firefox 3 base. The Firefox 3 engine is way much better and efficient than the Firefox 2 engine.

Some more thoughts. It chews up quite a lot of processing power at time. Must be the Firefox 2 engine.

Blogged with the Flock Browser

4 comments:

Evan Hamilton said...

Hey Andrew,

Thanks for the writeup! Flock based on Firefox3 is currently in the works, and so hopefully you should see it and the great performance improvements it brings later this year!

Flock'n'roll,

Evan Hamilton
Flock Community Ambassador

evan at flock dot com

Devious Egg said...

Evan, fix the damn RSS feeds problem where every single icon has to load in the feeds bar before the feeds start working and Flock will be loved by all...

Andrew Lim said...

I'd say, those problems exist, and that should be fixed right away... but hey... flock based on firefox 3 is coming... and so, i'm happily waiting for it... meanwhile... need to confine myself with flock for 2 weeks and see what happens...

Evan Hamilton said...

@devious egg: This bug is filed at https://bugzilla.flock.com/show_bug.cgi?id=12188

It's unlikely to get fixed for 1.2, but supposedly it's already fixed in our Firefox3-powered release (we haven't verified yet). It's a P2, so it should get done before that release is out. It irritates me too, and I will keep my eye on it!

Flock on,

Evan Hamilton
Flock Community Ambassador
evan at flock dot com