Google
 

Friday, September 07, 2007

Luciano Pavarotti, Resto Nella Pace, Amen

Alright, a little bit of disclaimer, I'm not Italian, I used Google Translate to get that phrase.

I didn't really fell into classical music until lately. I've always been a listener to great soundtrack composers like Hans Zimmer (The Rock, Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest, Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End, and a lot more), John Williams (Star Wars, Indiana Jones and lots more), John Goldsmith and a few more movie composers that I listen to. Much changed when I hear the sound of Andrea Bocelli. It's almost like dreaming. Then, I came to realise a person that goes by the name Luciano Pavarotti. Did some research, tried to look for some of his albums, legally and illegally. Didn't find any of it and gave up. All that I have of Luciano Pavarotti is a song that goes by the name Nessun Dorma, that was performed at the 2006 Turino Winter Olympics Opening Ceremony (or it should be closing). Seeing a aged man performing such a powerful act has never been easy for me and it brings a great feeling of respect to Luciano Pavarotti.

I made more research about him after his death just out of the curiosity of knowing more why is he so famous and yet how did he touch so many people from all walks of life.

Take a look at this performance.





I do hope to have listened to his works.

Luciano Pavarotti, Resto Nella Pace, Amen

0 comments: