Google
 

Sunday, August 12, 2007

8TV Summer Live Concert 2007


DSCN0459_1
Originally uploaded by andrew_lim85
This is one of the best shot that I managed to get. A photo of the stage that was built here in Ipoh for the 8TV Summer Live Concert 2007.

Went there. It was hot, kind of rained for a bit, but it stopped, many was there, the hosts estimated 50,000 people was attending this particular event. Okay. Done with the numbers.

Hosts for the day was some of 8TV's show hosts. I honestly don't remember their full name. One of them was Gary. I remember Xin Yi. She was at Ipoh Parade when I claimed the tickets for this event. Dylan (Host of Step Forward and I Wanna Be A Model) was also there.

Great hosting casts.

On to the performers.

First up! George Lam! Great Hong Kong superstar. Kind of had an accident a few years back while he was holding a tour. A great comeback and what a way to attract attention to Ipoh! Yeap, That's my hometown.

2morrow was there. I don't really know if they are local Malaysian artist or Taiwanese artist. They are kind of cool. A slower paced song. Though the theme was about dances.

Next up. Two more local artists was up. I don't remember the other one, But I remembered Gary Chaw Ge. Soft songs again. Regular Chinese Pop. Before he came on, there was another local artist. I don't remember her name.

After all that, Malaysian Idol Daniel Lee was up next. Singing one of his songs from his latest album. Fans of him should know what song is that. I don't. Even though I have it in my system, my sister is the one who's listening to it.

After Daniel's done with his performance. It was time for another local artist, John. I think he's one of the contestants from Superstar Project Malaysia. No exact memory as I didn't watch that program.

Alright, enough about local artists. Korean band The Cross was up next. The lead sound kind of annoying. Didn't really liked the performance. And I didn't pay attention after that. as I don't remember who went up next.

But the last two artists that was in the queue, JJ Lim (Singapore) and F.I.R (Taiwan) brought up the heat again! After all that, it's time to head home.

That's just the summary of the concert. And what I had paid attention to. Before all those went on, Macarena dancing! Was used to get some lucky winner of RM500 (US$140). Just for the fun of it, I kind of joined in and thought I won. The clip of a guy jumping up and down quite high. I was doing that. But he wore a purple shirt, and I wore a blue one. So, lucky him and also congrats!

That's all for now.

Next is a one day trip to Cameron Highlands. Time to get some fresh tea.

0 comments: