Google
 

Monday, November 06, 2006

In defence of multi-core

To my thoughts, it is quit hard to bring someone to believe that Intel announced the release of their first Quad Core processor, the Core 2 Quad. But to my point of view, and as those critics has said, It may be too much at first, but what would it bring you in the near future?

Taking the PS3 and the Xbox 360 as an example. As a gamer, I'm impressed with what Sony had done, but not impressed with the delays. I'm impressed with Microsoft as how the console is made. Most of us will be in denial and being skeptical that Microsoft's early launch will bring the company's console down. But take a look at the fact again on how well are they doing now.

Okay, back to the Quad Core case. Some of us multitask like some madman with thier PCs. To be honest I do, I run 2 messenger service (Skype, Trillian), Azureus, Firefox, iTunes, Anti-Virus and maybe gaming with those stuffs on. Seeing Quad core processors is an advantage to the computer industry. Not something that will bring down or overkill the processor's industry.

read more | digg story

0 comments: