Google
 

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Anti-Virus softwares

I would say, that majority of users around the internet are using Windows or Macintosh. I'll say that there is a minor group that uses Unix/Linux based system. But to Windows users, what kind of Anti-Virus programs to go for?

Here are a brief list that consist of popular anti-virus programs in the market.

  • Symantec Norton Anti Virus suit
  • Trend PC Cillin suit
  • McAfee Anti Virus suit
  • AVG Anti Virus suit (free)
Here are some facts that I found out with those anti virus programs. None of them have been awarded with exellent support and virus scaning. (Symantec, Trend Micro, McAfee, Grisoft, please don't sue me if you read this. Those are just facts about the program).

Here's a new one to all users. Not a popular program, but a very effective one. ESET's NOD32 anti-virus suit. I stumbled upon this program about 2 years ago. I've been using this program for as long as I've known it and I'm yet to get viruses into my computers.

Based on user reviews on CNET, this program scored a 9.5 out of 10 (based on votes by 30 user reviews). Among the distinguised test conducted by Virus Bulletin, NOD32 has only failed 3 times out of 46 tests conducted. A very good margin to be considered.

Wondering about being safe from lethal viruses and trojans? Get NOD32.

0 comments: